Many people who come to my course in Cambridge end up taking the course twice: once to learn the techniques, a second time for a deeper engagement with me during the breaks, after they have applied these techniques to their own research. This works well for many, but it must be very expensive coming twice, usually in excess of £3500 when including travel and accommodation. And all the engagement anyone can get is during breaks. But what if you could come here directly with your own research question (and dataset) and receive a bespoke course tailor-made for you and which covers precisely the steps you need, with the added opportunity to ask me questions throughout the day and the chance to finalise your analyses while you are here?
Enter the Analysis Retreat. This is like a “writer’s retreat”, but for data analysis. Here’s how it works:
- 5-7 attendees only, at Selwyn College in Cambridge.
- Start: Monday evening (dinner). End: Friday lunchtime (lunch).
- You send me your research questions and details about your data after registering (to ensure I can provide the kind of advice you need).
Analysis retreat 2021: 19 – 23 July
- Monday evening (19 July)): Arrive in Cambridge, dinner and chat, getting to know each other.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (until 5pm):
- 8.30 am: Breakfast together in college.
- 9 am – 12 noon: Morning analysis session; coffee and pastries/biscuits.
- 12 noon – 2 pm: Lunch together in college; general group discussion about our progress and aims for the afternoon.
- 2 pm – 5pm: Afternoon analysis session; coffee and cakes.
- 5 pm – 7pm: Break to refresh, relax and enjoy Cambridge.
- 7 pm: Dinner and chat.
- Price: £2850. It includes:
- Accommodation in Selwyn College.
- All meals (from Monday dinner – Friday lunch).
- Refreshments through the day: coffee, tea, pastries, biscuits, cake.
- Access to the MplusWizard online lessons necessary for your analyses.
- Support and mentorship from me throughout the duration of the retreat.
The “analysis session” includes a mixture of learning and data analysis. I will choose a selection of videos from my online course which covers the topics you need for your analysis. You watch the videos and learn the techniques, then start setting up the analyses. I check your models and help you when you get stuck. Importantly: what this offers is not consultancy, but mentorship. The aim is to empower you to do analyses yourself, but provide a setting which is highly customised and efficient for you.
You can now register here:
Add to cart
You can register for the analysis retreat here. After registration, I will email you to ask a few questions about your research, to confirm my expertise fits your research needs. Ensuring your retreat is successful and fulfilling is of outmost importance!
7 in stock