Coronavirus and the “SEM with Mplus” courses
The course planned for December is still “on track” to take place as scheduled. There is now sufficient demand for the course to take place. All but one of the current attendees are based in England, so I assume international travel restrictions will not jeopardise the feasibility of this course (if you would like to come from abroad but can’t due to travel restrictions: there will be further courses next year). So the only potential obstacle might be a government-imposed tightening of restrictions on “business” or if the pandemic evolves in a way that would make this unsafe for you.
Meanwhile, I invite you to visit my website for online courses: MplusWizard. The website includes a detailed description of what it is like to take the courses, complete with videos.
The College and I are committed to keeping you safe above all. Should circumstances change for the worse, we will err on the side of caution. And if you change your mind at any point, you will obtain a full refund for the course fees and a full refund minus £10 for accommodation in the College.
We are currently offering only 10 seats and the course will take place in a room with a capacity for 30 seats. To encourage registrations for the full course and thus further reduce the actual total nr of attendees, the full course is currently on sale. All attendees of the upcoming December course will also be offered 4 weeks of access to the corresponding MplusWizard online course for the material covered here in Cambridge. For the Cross-sectional component, this includes “The Wizard’s Cat” and “Potion Master”. For the Longitudinal component, this includes “Spell Caster”.
If you wish to take the course, please do not delay your registration. If you sit on the fence until the very last minute, two things could happen:
a) There might be a “sign-up frenzy”, whereby all the remaining seats are snapped up within a couple of days. So you might miss out on a place! This has happened twice before, where up to 20 seats were snapped up in 3-4 days. And this time we only have a couple of seats left.
b) We might cancel the course in the mistaken belief that there is insufficient demand. This is not very likely anymore thanks to those who have already registered [in fact, we are nearing the scenario detailed in point “a)”]. But in general, I’d be grateful if you could help a bit by signing up as soon as you decide to come, so that we know you intend to come. As I mentioned above, you will get a full refund if your circumstances change.